What's happening to the Rainforest?
True or False
on the "T" for true and the "F" for false.
- One and a half acres of rainforest are lost every second.
- The last remaining rainforests could be consumed in 40 years.
- There are 10 million Indians living in the rainforest today.
- Rainforest once covered 6% of the Earth.
- When plants and animals disappear, so do cures for life-threatening
- Rainforests are cleared by Indians living in the Amazonian Rainforest.
- Rainforest land has no value.
- Half of the world's species of plants and animals will be destroyed
or threatened within the next 25 years.
- We lose 137 plant, animal and insect species every year from destruction
of the rainforest.
- Today there are less than 200,000 Indians living in the rainforest.